Found this killer painting of a waterbuck
(painted on a lavender bedsheet)
at a thrift store for $2.00. Sweet....
But what I really wanted was the bamboo frame.
I painted a coat of black semi-gloss latex paint over the frame and let it sit for a few minutes before wiping it off.
This darkened it a bit and enhanced the lines of the bamboo.
After cleaning the glass really well,
I added a drawing of a fox that I drew for Kevin.
I cut a piece of chip board with my exacto knife
and used that as the backing.
Then I taped it all up neatly with black gorilla tape.
I like the rough edge of the watercolor paper and didn't want to cover it up with a traditional mat. Instead, I laid the drawing on grey paper cut to size.